« Home | I’m a failed poet. Maybe every ... » | "a novel examines not reality but existence. and e... » | "there's another world that parallels our own, and... » | the pure present is an ungraspable advance of the ... » | "seems to me you have a lot of issues you've got t... » | "the lyrics, though, are pretty symbolic," i ventu... » | i'm arguing project runway on livejournal. somebod... » | dinner at a.o.c.angus shell steak with peppercorn ... » | "that's why i like listening to schubert while i'm... » | he believed at once that she was beautiful because... » 

02 November 2007 

"He had a word, too. Love, he called it. But I had been used to words for a long time. I knew that that word was like the others: just a shape to fill a lack; that when the right time came, you wouldn't need a word for that anymore than for pride or fear. Cash did not need to say it to me nor I to him, and I would say, Let Anse use it, if he wants to. So that it was Anse or love; love or Anse: it didn't matter."