« Home | Pablo Medina Three Fulcrums Dress Rehearsal Thi... » | Pablo Medina A Poem for the Epiphany Ach, wie and... » | Entrance <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[end... » | The Burning <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[e... » | "but sylvie had fallen silent again. guessing that... » | Days of 1903 I never found them again -- the thin... » | Voices Ideal and beloved voicesof those who are d... » | Hidden From all I've done and all I've saidlet th... » | When they are roused Try to guard them, poetHowev... » | as much as you can Even if you cannot shape your l... » 

11 December 2007 

Hermandad/Brotherhood


Soy hombre: duro poco

y es enorme la noche.

Pero miro hacia arriba:

las estrellas escriben.


Sin entender comprendo:

tambiƩn soy escritura

y en este mismo instante

alguien me deletrea.


I am a man: little do I last

and the night is enormous.

But I look up:

the stars write.


Unknowing I understand:

I too am written,

and at this very moment

someone spells me out.


Octavio Paz

Translated from the Spanish by Eliot Weinberger.